Title: Deputy Chief of Party, Ethiopia (National Only)
Location: Addis Ababa
SUMMARY: BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE ROLE AND THE DEPARTMENT/PROJECT
Pact is searching for a Deputy Chief of Party for an anticipated program in Ethiopia to increase the resiliency of communities to deal with conflict. The purpose of the Program is to establish and strengthen partnerships between government officials and local communities to better understand and address the issues that may lead to violent conflict and to ensure that all development and adaptation interventions are conflict sensitive. Strong candidates will have extensive experience managing similar USAID-funded programs in Africa and be well-versed in the areas of peacebuilding, organizational capacity building and community strengthening. The position is contingent upon award and is open to Ethiopian nationals only.
RESPONSIBILITIES/JOB DESCRIPTION: BE AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE
The Deputy Chief of Party will:
• Play a lead role in program implementation and management, overseeing grant making and capacity building with local partners
• Supervise activity development and implementation
• Supervise and mentor program teams in field locations as well as support teams and technical consultants as required
• Support the efficient and accountable management and reporting of program achievements and finance
• Support monitoring, evaluation and learning on an ongoing basis
• Ensure that procedures are established and complied with for development, selection, design and implementation of grants and short term technical assistance
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: THIS CANNOT BE ALTERED ONCE POSTED
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Masters in social sciences, or other relevant field.
• A minimum of 8 years working in a leadership/senior management role, preferably on USAID-funded projects
• Minimum 6 years of technical experience overseeing projects with complex and challenging field operations.
• Relevant background and experience in the technical area of the program.
• Good understanding of the geographic areas in question; experience in Ethiopia or its neighboring countries highly preferred
• Strong familiarity with operating USAID contracts, sub-contracts and sub-grants, and short term technical assistance
• Considerable experience with community participation-type projects, preferably focused on conflict resolution and peacebuilding
• Experience in social accountability, natural resource-based conflict resolution, livelihoods, water and sanitation, gender, and/or youth programming preferred
• Ability to efficiently coordinate and manage field offices and field teams
• Demonstrated experience in monitoring, evaluation and learning within development project context
• Excellent English and Amharic communications skills (both written and verbal)
To apply for this position, please visit our website at www.pactworld.org