- UEFA have punished Russia after their fans attacked England supporters
- Russians charged at Three Lions followers after Stade Velodrome draw
- European governing body impose ‘suspended disqualification and a fine
- England and Russia already threatened with expulsion from tournament
- UEFA will call emergency to panel to distribute points if Russia kicked out
Any further instances of crowd disturbance inside stadiums at Russia’s matches this summer would see them thrown out of the tournament after the Russian Football Union (RFU) were charged with crowd disturbances, use of fireworks and racist behaviour.
However, the suspended sanction only applies to the trouble inside the stadium. The RFU are permitted to appeal the punishments.